Saturday, May 2, 2015

433 - Stafford / Aitkenvale

Stafford post office, 6 km north north west of the Brisbane general post office, opened on 19 October 1886, and was reduced to a receiving office in 1897
  • Sideface Barred Numeral Type 2 b is rated NNS

Re Allocation:

Aitkenvale post office, 7 km south south west of the Townsville post office. Originally called Mundingburrah, the name was changed to Aitkenvale in 1896 and was reduced to a receiving office in mid 1910
  • Sideface Barred Numeral Type 2 b (9 mm) is rated 4R



Aitkenvale Sideface Barred Numeral Type 2 b (9 mm) rated 4R. Seen at Phoenix Auction no 8

No comments:

Post a Comment